Amazon

Monday, April 16, 2012

# crafts # Monday

Faux Gallery Wraps

I saw these awesome faux Gallery wraps on Pinterest and thought of course I could do that so of course I did. I took a 5x7 photo I ordered and a 5x7 canvas. I wanted to try it small to see how they worked out before I did bigger or more.

I painted the endues black as well as some of the canvas on the side so that no white would show through. Once it was dry I  than took mod podge and applies it to the canvas and laid the picture down. Once it was dry I did trim the photo some on the sides it was hanging off the side a tad. Than I applies more mod podge over the top. I only did one coat but you could do more depending on how shiny you want it.

I am going to make more of these because they were so easy. I also think they would make great gifts. I also saw another version where they did black and white photos and painted around the edge of the photo to give it a distressed look.  I think that would be awesome to do as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment