Amazon

Friday, March 15, 2013

# recipes

Homemade Coffee Creamer (Lowfat)

I love me some coffee creamer. When I started on my weight loss kick, I went to the fat free stuff for my coffee. It was no WW points so I figured some in my coffee wasn't going to hurt. It wasn't like I use  buckets of it. I think it takes me almost two weeks to go through a small bottle (less if my hubby has coffee more often than once a week).

So I noticed I was low and than like instantly we were out of it. I have been trying to stretch grocery shopping trips out as far as I can so I didn't really want to go in for just that. than I had a light bulb moment. I wondered if Pinterest would have a recipe for it and sure enough it did. I used the pin but of course I spun it for my needs. I also made the condensed milk as well using sugar substitute so it is just like I buy from the store minus all the add ins to make it last longer.

I also added in some vanilla extract to it for my flavoring. As you can read from the inspiration pin, there are lots of flavors you could make. Maybe I will try another one. The only down fall I see is that I don't think it is going to last as long because of the milk. I figure I have it for the week and than will need to make a new batch. That is perfectly okay because I had EVERYTHING on hand to make it including the condensed milk. Plus it took about 5 minutes to put together including pulling out the ingredients so why not make it when it is that easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment