Amazon

Saturday, January 18, 2014

# Technique Twist

The Technique Twist #15- Bubble Background Plus An Extra Fun Card

This week over at The Technique Twist our challenge was to create a card using bubble background  and of course having a twist on it.


Here is my card as well as another fun card that fits the theme I am going for this week- Doctor Who (the beloved 50 year old BBC Sci-fi show). 



Right away I wanted to make a card using the phone box/police box from SU's retired set Feeling Sentimental because the bubble background reminded me a great deal of the opening credits to Doctor Who. My twist on it is that after I did the bubble background, I embossed it with the honeycomb embossing folder because the inside of the TARDIS (the Blue Police Box) has honeycombed walls. 

I punched out the heart for the Police Box an attached and than of course if you know Doctor Who (he has Two Hearts) stamped using a Paper Pumpkin set the hearts and the arrow love this. 

I used basic British Colors in my card as well with Real Red, Whisper White and Pacific Point.

This would make a great Valentine's/Birthday Card for a fan of the show. 

I was doing on Pinterest and did a search for Doctor Who cards and saw a version of the 11th Doctor card and decided what the heck- let's make a companion card to my bubble card.

So I took punched some real red hearts and circle to make my bow tie. I used a dimensional to pop the center of the tie. 

I than used Soft Suede card stock to create the Doctor's coat. I than lined the coat with some Very Vanilla  and added two Real Red Hearts that I punched out as well as some white pearls. 


Both cards are super fun and I would love to try more of the bubble background technique with the kiddos. I think they would get a kick out of blowing the bubbles. 


Supplies used (Bubble Card)

Pacific Point, Real Red, and Whisper White Card stock
SU Feeling Sentimental Set
Heart Punch
Paper Pumpkin Stamp Sets

Supplies Used (Doctor Card)

Very Vanilla, Real Red and Soft Suede Card stock
White Pearls
Large Heart Punch
Tiny Heart Punch
Circle Punch 

Thanks for stopping by!

Becky


No comments:

Post a Comment