Amazon

Friday, November 18, 2011

# recipes

Turkey Chili kind of day!

We woke up this morning to about 50 degree weather outside and well because we slept with our windows open pretty much the same in our bedroom (Okay maybe a little warmer). I love waking up to that and being snug in bed with my flannel pjs. I thought how nice it would be to make a big ole pot of chili so at 8 o'clock this morning after Ms. O was off to school, I traveled to the grocery store to buy ingredients for the chili. Of course I also purchased other things there which I don't need but am sure enjoying the iced coffee I got.

For the chili, it is maybe 15 minutes of prep time and than letting it all come together in the slow cooker (BTW I love the slow cooker and so think it is underused by some).

Because I am also still on weight watchers (almost hit my 30 pound loss mark), I decided to make it with turkey which is leaner and better for you.

Ingredients

2lbs ground turkey
2 packets of Chili seasoning mix (I used the store brand)
1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 large can of kidney beans
1 small can of tomato sauce (I used the Mexican style hot which should give the chili a kick)


Now isn't that an easy amount of stuff and I buy the store brands which keep costs down to.

I browned the ground turkey until I couldn't see any red. As it was browning, I got out my crockpot (I used my smaller one) and added the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, spicy tomato sauce, and chili seasoning. Once the meat was done, I drained and added it into the slow cooker. I mixed it all together and tonight it will be some good chilliness.

I plan on serving it with shredded cheese, sour cream (fat free of course) and french fried onions. So now I have patiently wait ALL day for dinner and the good turkey chili!



No comments:

Post a Comment