Amazon

Thursday, August 2, 2012

# recipes

Flour less Cookies

I saw a really great Pin the other day making Peanut Butter cookies with no flour. It was 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of Peanut butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of baking powder. They were fantastic and so easy to make.

I made them again and decreased the sugar to 2/3 and upped the baking powder to 1 tablespoon. They came out a bit better. So I was thinking of taking the basic idea of that recipe and creating my own granola cookies or I guess they could be bars as well.

I took 2 and half cups of granola, a 1/2 cup of dried cranberries, 2 eggs,  1tablespoon of baking powder and 1/2 cup of peanut butter. I mixed it all together and baked for about ten to twelve minutes at 350 degrees.

The Peanut butter cookies were baked at the same temp as well for the same amount of time. At the ten minute mark, make sure to check them to see if they are done. All ovens work differently.

These were great to make and being without flour, lower carbs and calories which we like around here. Nice to have a sweet treat that is not full of junk!

No comments:

Post a Comment