Amazon

Friday, April 5, 2013

# recipes

Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole

Pinterest is great for all sorts of things and I love finding new recipes on the site. Sometimes they work like the great idea to take one can of pumpkin and a box of spice cake mix to make amazing pumpkin muffins. I have made those a handful of times.

I saw this a pin for Cheesy Chicken tater Tot Casserole from The Country Cook. I had it booked marked because I so wanted to make that. When I did my huge grocery shopping a few weeks ago, I added all those things on my kist to make it so when I finally got around to making it, I was amazed at how quick it came together and how good it was.

I followed the recipe for the most part of course I always add my own twist. I added in one can of cheddar cheese soup along with everything else. It made it extra cheesy and my nearly seven year old is still talking about how much she loves it.

Now I know for future I could totally change it up by using cream of mushroom or cream of chicken. I have a can of cream of jalapeƱo which I think would be an great addition to the dish.

I took and sprayed the crock pot with cooking spray and started layering the ingredients in.

I used my smaller crock pot so I doubt I used a full bag of tater tots (I bought the huge bag for us). I just layered the bottom with about 2 cups of them. I than added some shredded cheese and than added in the diced chicken. I used three nice size chicken breast but I bet two cans of canned chicken would work as well. I than microwaved and chopped about 6 slices of bacon (It could always use more bacon) and than topped it with the soup and more cheese. I put it on low on the slow cooker and let it go for about 5 hours.

When any dish wins the family over and seconds are asked for, I know it is one I will make again. Plus it was simple and easy which is what I am all about when I am cooking for the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment