Amazon

Thursday, July 26, 2012

# recipes

Eggplant!

Oh I have to admit I love me some good eggplant. I was so happy when my Japanese eggplant blossomed and produced tons of fruit. I made the Moussaka from that. Sadly it is now dormant until the spring again but I still like to buy eggplant. When I was at my veggie run a few weeks back,I bought one eggplant when I went through the other market waiting for our stuff to be loaded. I usually always make the same thing, a version of baked eggplant dish.

Ingredients

1 nice large eggplant sliced up in thinly the long way
2 eggs heated
2 cups of Italian breadcrumbs.

I preheat some olive oil in span and fry up the eggplant turning it at about 3 - 4minutes (when the side is brown and crispy).

I repeat with all the slices. I than take the fried up eggplant and begin laying it like a lasagna. I put some sauce down, fried eggplant slices, a mixture of sautéed spinach and ricotta. I top it all off with sauce and some mozzarella cheese. I let it back for about 25-30 minutes until the cheese is nice and melted and turning brown.

I serve with garlic bread and enjoy a delicious meatless meal which is good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment