Amazon

Sunday, July 1, 2012

# crafts # Monday

Designer Bedroom- I think so!!!!

Finished Headboard and Quilt


I am SO excited about this post today (I am posting early because of it). I finally finished my big ole quilt and had it quilted as well. As soon as I got home, it was on the bed but I kept thinking how plain the room looked now with this heirloom quilt on the bed. So I started trolling Pinterest and came across this pin and thought now that would be something that would work for me. I so have ALWAYS wanted a big headboard and our master can support it because it is a huge room (we joke that the bedroom, bath and closet are as big as our first apartment).

So when we were at Lowe's yesterday, I went to look at the doors and explained to my hubby what I wanted to do in the future because I  knew he had ALOT of projects on his plate right now but he became excited by it and well we got all the stuff for the project.

I used three 28 inch wide doors by 80 inch long. The inspiration pin did cut the same doors down. Each door was 22 bucks and we got trim with was like 12 bucks and a quart of black paint for 15. I so wanted to go the black color route but thought my hubby was going to protest it but he was the one who suggested it right away.

After we got home and it stopped raining, I laid out the doors and started painting them.  It took me about an hour to do 2 coats on them.

Three white doors

Become black

The trim for the top



After they were dry, I figured we would be putting them up today but nope my husband jumped right in. He was as excited about it as I was. It took him about an hour to put them up, trim and repaint a few small areas. At first he thought they were so big but I told him to wait because of course I had way more up my sleeve with it.

So I bought the wreath and added on the flowers which match the backing fabric of the quilt. Than I sewed three euro shams using a twin sheet. I looked every where for shams and the few I found either didn't go or were way to expensive. I made three for under 5 bucks.

I was so excited to dress the bed and get it all ready plus my hubby has been bugging me to take pictures so he can showcase his craftsmanship. The great thing was how he told me how much he is enjoying the ideas I am getting off Pinterest and to go right ahead seeking out more fun things on there. I am one lucky girl to have such a talented and game husband in letting me indulge in this whims that I have.

I love the bedroom and now I am trying to figure out what to do with the dressers (I am thinking of painting them the same color) and going to garage sales for some mismatched tables for night stands and a coffee table to make a bench for the end. So there it is, my new awesome headboard and finished quilt.

Closer look at the wreath

side angle

Closer look at the finished quilt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment