Amazon

Monday, August 5, 2013

# crafts # Monday

Backpack Station Updo

So last school year I started using this bird hook thingy for backpacks, purses, hats, etc and than I added the bench there which is more decoration that usefulness (it had to be repaired after a certain seven year old stood on it).


So I wanted to bring down some hooks for the kids back backs now that both will be in school starting in about three weeks. Miss O is going to second and Mr. L is starting preschool (I am super excited to have some me time while he is there the three days). 

I wanted to make it easy for them but the hooks are giving me some problems, so we will see if they last. I moved my to do chalkboard to over by the door so we can write things down. The Live, Love, Laugh sign, I picked up in WI on my travels from this store in Antigo, WI. It is the weirdest store with all sorts of craft items and home decor. If I lived close by, I would be there ALL the time. 

Finally I fell head over heels in love with the giant B. I saw it at Hobby Lobby and wondered where I could put it. I decided that it  didn't need to come home with me and I walked away. Than after finally finding hooks I liked, I had an idea and after rewandering around the store because I couldn't remember where I saw it, I found it so it came home with me. 

Oh and if you are wondering about that black thing in the corner- that is a pet door which leads out to the garage for the cat box. 

So I figure this is a great drop zone for the kids backpacks when they get home. We usually come through the front door anyways. I love that not only is it functional, it is also appealing to the eyes. Did I say how much I love the giant B!!!



Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment