Amazon

Thursday, February 2, 2012

# recipes

Blueberry Cobbler

I know I talked about how much weight I have lost and yet I am posting a sweet treat on here. I figure that once in awhile that it is okay to eat and a nice serving of it is about 4 points on Weight Watchers which isn't all that bad.

I really like the Food Network Show The Pioneer Woman hosted by Ree Drummond.  Does it surprise you I like that show! One of the episodes I caught, she made Sunday dinner so when I was getting dinner ready for dinner on Sunday, I thought about that cobbler she made.

So I checked her website and here is the recipe and realized I had everything in the pantry for it except the blackberries, but I did have some wild blueberries in the freezer. So I set to work on it and created a delicious masterpiece that took minutes to prepare and about an hour to bake at 350 degrees.

I will make it again because it was so good. Both the kids inhaled it (see picture of Mr. L enjoying it). I might use less sugar next time because the blueberries were really sweet. I also added some frozen whipped topping on it which melted nicely all over it. Ice cream would also work very nicely.

Here is the cobbler right before I stuck it in the oven.


Here is the cobbler after it baked for an hour. The edges are all brown and it was so yummy!



Here is Mr. L enjoying it and yes he was licking his fingers!




No comments:

Post a Comment