Amazon

Friday, February 8, 2013

# recipes

Fish Tacos and Crock Pot Black Beans

I never was a fan of fish tacos and for the longest time despised them but than I got brave and tried some. I was hooked in an instant especially from a certain restaurant not very close to my house so I learned to make them.

I have done them in a variety of ways fried, baked, and breaded. I like all methods but for this I used a lightly pan fried ones.

I thawed the fish and than tossed in some taco seasoning and let it rest in the fridge.

I lightly dunked them in some milk, coated with a tad of flour and pan fried up.

I than took some already sliced up cabbage (coleslaw mix), sliced red pepper, and dressed it with some sour cream and yes my favorite "That Green Sauce" from HEB. If you don't have that use a green salsa.

I lightly fired the tortillas because I like some crunch and served it with some sliced avocado and tomato.

For the black beans, I took one large can of black beans and emptied that into the crock pot. I than diced up tomatoes and roasted red peppers from a jar. I than added in about  tablespoon of the taco seasoning and some frozen corn. I put it on high for about 4 hours. Isn't that simple!


No comments:

Post a Comment