Amazon

Thursday, July 5, 2012

# recipes

Basil Tomato Soup and Spinach Grilled Cheese

So in Texas there is a chain called La Madeleine which has one of the best Tomato Basil Soups out there. Every time I mention to my Mom that we have gone, she goes they have the best tomato soup there. So when I was looking over Pinterest the other day, I came across a recipe for it. I knew I would need to try it because the kids love soup. So following their directions and of course tweaking it some (I used less of everything 1 large can of diced tomatoes,  chicken stock (1.5 cups), tomato juice (1.5), butter (a half of stick), and less cream (about 2/3 cup). I let it all simmer for about 15 minutes and served it with some Texas toast croutons which gave it a nice texture as they absorbed the soup of making it even better.

Of course you need to have grilled cheese with your tomato soup so I sautéed some spinach (about a cup) and than taking some of the Italian herb cooking cream (flavored cream cheese) spread it on the inside pieces of cheese bread. I than layered Monterey jack and spinach cheese and grilled it all up to a nice light golden brown. The cheese and spinach melted so nice together and created  fun twist on an old classic.


No comments:

Post a Comment