Amazon

Thursday, July 12, 2012

# recipes

Mushroom Spinach Chicken Sandwiches

So Panera is slowly going up down the road from me and I am stalking it almost daily (I drive by it all the time). So when I drove by I was thinking how good a sandwich from there would be but I didn't want to drive on up to the other one so I thought what do I have in the fridge that I could turn into a yummy sandwich.

I realized I had in the freezer some thinly sliced chicken breasts and I thawed them out. I than took them and cooked them in a frying pan about 3-4 minutes per side (I like when  you get them that brown crispy). I than in a separate pan sautéed using some olive oil some diced mushrooms and some spinach. When that was done and the chicken was nearly done, I topped the spinach/mushroom mix on top and than topped it with a piece of muenster cheese. I let the cheese melt on top of the chicken.

I also grilled some nice cheese bread and spread some of that awesome Italian Herb cooking cream on the insides. I put it all together and got a delish sandwich without the drive or cost of going to Panera though when they open, I am so there in a heartbeat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment