Amazon

Friday, January 4, 2013

# recipes

Homemade Turkey Pot Pie

I made a turkey for Christmas and there was a bunch left so I decided to make turkey pot pie from it. I made two pies and froze both to be used at later time.

I took about two cups of turkey and chopped that up (Chicken can also be used).

I heated up my dutch oven with some olive oil and added in both the turkey and about a cup and half of frozen mixed vegetables. I heated them up and than added two cans of chicken broth and one can of cream of chicken. I let that come to  boil and than took about two table spoons of corn starch and mixed with some water to make a slurry. I whisked that into the boiling pot and heated through until it thicken up.

I than took tow pre made pie shells (deep dish) and ladled the mixture in. I let cool for a few minutes and than took frozen pie dough that was thawed and laid it on top and cinched it around the edges.  I let the pies completely cool before I wrapped them up and froze them.

You can than thaw them overnight and than bake for 45-50 minutes (or until they look done) at 350.

Ingredients

2 cups chopped turkey or chicken
2 cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 and 1/2 cup of frozen veggies
2 tablespoons of corn starch mixed in water
2 deep dish frozen pie shells
2 frozen pis shells (not in tins)


Yummy and good use of left overs. I love to use leftovers for new things!

Enjoy

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment