Amazon

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

# sew # Wednesday

American Girl Clothes

So Kit came to live with us over the holidays. My daughter went back and forth about who she wanted and we all told her she looks so much like Kit that is who she should get so of course when we finally got to the store to have tea, she asked sheepishly when Kit was coming home with her. Well Nana came through and Kit was Miss O's Xmas gift.

Kit has a few clothes because Santa was aware Kit would be coming home at some point but she really needed some more dresses to be a girl in. I found this adorable pillowcase like dress on Liberty Jane. It was a free pattern and actually included both the instructions and pattern to cut out.

I set to work creating Kit her new dress from some retired SU fabric that I thought suited Kit to the T because of the vintage look because Kit is from the Depression era. It took me about an hour and I made one modification to the dress where I used ribbon instead of creating the dress ties. I had this adorable ribbon that matched perfectly so I threaded that through.

Kit sitting her in dress

Kit standing in her dress

Now Kit has a fun summer dress and because it is Texas, she can likely wear it all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment