Amazon

Thursday, March 1, 2012

# recipes

Bean Soup

I got this bean soup mix awhile ago and well finally got around to using it. It is like 13 different beans in it  and I used it before to make a chili like dish with it.

This week, I wanted soup. I find soup to be filling and comforting with out being loaded with tons of things  I have been working my butt off for. Plus I made it in the crock pot which makes life so much easier. Just throw it all in and let it slowly cook. I think people underrate the slow cooker and need to use it more. I love it the summer because i get those great meals with out heating up the kitchen.

I used the following in it:

1.5 cups of the bean mix (it is a dried bean mix)
1 smoked sausage
1 can of tomato sauce (small can)
1 table spoon of beef bouillon
6-7 cans of water (I used the tomato sauce can),

I just cooked it all day and stirred it once in awhile to make sure that there was enough water in it. If it is looking like you need more water, just add a half a cup and see how it is cooking. Add more as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment