Amazon

Monday, March 19, 2012

# crafts # Monday

Pinwheel Card - It Really Works!

I have totally uncrafty all day. I worked on cleaning the house and laundry- I always am doing laundry.

My new Stampin Up stuff came today which was exciting so I played with it some. These new things which are called Summer Smooches will be available starting April 1 but as a demonstrator I got a sneak peak and well made this fun card using the new DSP, fabric brads and some of the current in color card stock. I took a wood skewer to make the handle for the pinwheel. It actually spins and an interactive card is always fun.

To make it take a 3inch x3inch piece of DSP and fold on the points. Than cut about 2/3rds down on each of the folds and fold the corners over (every other one). I than punched a hole in the middle, inserted the brad and bent it around the skewer. The matted paper is 3.25x3.25 and than 3.5x3.5. The bottom DSP is 2 inches by 4.25 inches.

I think it is super cute and this design would lend itself to all sorts of color combos. I might pull out some others to make. You could totally add a sendiment down in the left hand corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment