Amazon

Monday, September 17, 2012

# Freezer Stretch Challenge

Freezer Stretch Day 15

About a month ago I made two racks of ribs because Miss O asked for them and my father in law was in town but we only ate on of them I knew if I put it in the fridge it would go to waste so I wrapped it up and froze it. So I thawed it out for dinner and just stuck it back in the oven at 350 for about an hour and resauced it up.

I also made some roasted potatoes using my new grapeseed oil and rub I ordered from Wildtree (a friend had a party and I had tried the stuff before). Plus Miss O found some green beans out in the fridge from veggie co-op so I made some green bean casserole. For some reason with the fresh crisp green beans, I love it and I am weird about my green beans (I detest canned ones with a passion along with stewed tomatoes- it is all about the texture with me on both of those).

I think Sunday dinner should be special. Take some time to prepare a family meal, sit down and talk about  the past week and what is coming. or us we have all gotten busy between my hubby's work and now Miss O's outside activities- soccer two days a week and girl scouts. Families who eat meals together at the dinner table tend to communicate better and overall are doing better.

Tomorrow we have girls scouts so I have to throw something in the crock pot or defrost something we already have so I will be going on a hunt in the freezer to see what I can find!


No comments:

Post a Comment