Amazon

Thursday, September 13, 2012

# recipes

Quick and easy Taco Dip

While we were in Wisconsin, we attended a Packer Party for the first game of the season. I was tasked to get some taco dip from the grocery store for it because I had zero time to make it. So when I ran into the grocery store and well there was no taco dip- yeah like for some reason I thought there would be on game day. It was frantic in there with all the green and gold shirts running around getting last minute stuff for the game.

I went into my problem solving mode and grabbed a can of refried beans, taco seasoning, 1 can of diced mexican style tomatoes, chopped black olives, cream cheese, sour cream (small container), and some shredded Mexican cheese. So I hurried through the checkout because I knew everyone was already wondering where I was.

When I got to my brother's house, I rummaged through cabinets to find a dish to make it while everyone told me I should of just passed on it all together but I told them no football game is complete with out taco dip.

I took the refried beans and spread that around the dish. I than soften the cream cheese in the microwave, added about 1/2 the taco seasoning packet, and1/2 the sour cream and mixed it all up. I spread that on top of the beans. I than added the diced tomatoes, cheese, black olives, and the rest of the sour cream. I let it sit in the fridge for about 15 minutes though you don't have to.

My husband that proceeded to ask me through out the first quarter when the dip would be ready so he finally just got up and put it out. I think it all went though one member of peanut gallery who shall remain nameless told me that he didn't like the beans in it but still ate a ton of it!


So let me know your thoughts on beans or no beans with the taco dip!




No comments:

Post a Comment