Amazon

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

# holidays

Santa Claus is already here!

Yes when I was walking through the mall the other day, they were putting the finishing touches on Santa's area. Santa arrived down in Galveston over the weekend and he usually sky dives into the opening ceremony of Moody Gardens Festival of Lights which is a great holiday experience.

Santa seems to already be everywhere and it is like the second week of November but honestly this is the time t take the kids to see him there are no lines to see him. Last year we were at the mall during the day and walked right up but I refused to pay for the pictures with him. They are like 20 bucks for a tiny 5x7. I am glad that they let the kids see Santa without making a purchase and I think they do allow like one photo to be taken with your camera.

Though there is a great secret Santa that most of us can go see and get a free picture with the kids plus if you like the picture, extra ones are pretty reasonably priced (at least last year they were). I highly suggest taking the kids to Bass Pro Shops for a photo and lots of great activities. They have created a wonderful Santa's Wonderland which has trains, activity tables, crafts, and plus a free kids meal in their restaurant.

We have gone the past few years and have gotten one of the nicest photos with Santa. Last year it was the only photo with Santa that Mr. L didn't cry in. I was also allowed to take a bunch of my own photos with my camera which I liked. It was a great experience overall and I highly recommend taking the road trip over to them for this great opportunity.

Stay tuned for more free Santa photos as they come up. I know of some in my local area and if I know in years past Walmart and Petsmart offer free photos with Santa as well. So enjoy your start to the wonderful holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment