Amazon

Monday, January 30, 2012

# crafts # Monday

Timeless Frame


I bought one of those frames from the craft  a few weeks ago when it was on sale. I had zero idea what or how I was going to decorate it but I was going through my paper tonight and well the Timeless Portrait Paper from Stampin Up just popped out at me. I started going one way in decorating  it and than flipped the one page around to see the beautiful large print of the child swinging. I instantly knew it would be perfect and dug through my photos to grab these photos that I knew worked perfectly with it.

Supplies (all supplies SU unless stated):

- 12x12 separated frame (each section is 4x6). I used the one by Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby
- The 12x12 Piece of Timeless Portrait DSP
- 2 of my most favorite photos of my kids in Sepia tones
- Baja Breeze Pleated Satin Ribbon
- Stone Slate Embossing Powder
- Versa Mark Ink
- Pendant Punch
- Butterfly Punch
- Adhesive
- Glue Dots
- Basic Black Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Letter Stamps (I used an older set I own)
- 3 Neutral Buttons in Black



I took the 12x12 piece of paper and cut out with the side of the tree 3 4x6 pieces (each building of the print). I than used the reminder to cut a 4x6 piece out of the blue and than punched 8 of the butterflies.

Using the double sided adhesive, I placed the DSP and pictures in each of the framed areas to create the backgrounds. I than placed in real no order the butterflies attaching using the glue dots and folded the butterflies up for the flutter affect.

I than cut a 4 inch piece of ribbon and placed in the blue section of the frame. I than  punched the bottom piece of the pendant punch out of black and the top piece of the punch out of white. Using glue dots, I attached the 3 buttons using glue dots. I than  position the pendants and adhere themed down.

I just loved how this turned out. The paper spoke to me and it came to life like this. I love when something like than happens for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment