Amazon

Saturday, February 1, 2014

# Technique Twist

The Technique Twist #16- Sunburst Technique

So here is my third creation for Technique Twist  and this one was called the Sunburst or some call it the Starburst technique.



I did some research and found some great tutorials on making cards using the technique but for my twist on it, I thought why not use Stampin Ups! My Digital Studio in creating this week's challenge project.

I started off first trying to create triangles to fill in and make more of a sunrise/sunset look to the page. To be honest it wasn't working for me. I didn't like how they were lining up so, I did some research and looked to see if anyone had any examples of the technique using MDS and sure enough the idea of doing light colors on top of a darker color to create the effect had been done.

Basically I opened a 12x12 page in MDS and colored the background with Baja Breeze. I than took and created page layers in the same color and lighten up the opacity to about 40 per the program. I than matted them all with whisper white.

I felt the page really needed something so I added in the ink splatter in basic black and also lighten the opacity of them making them grey in color. I built up the page using a fun picture I took of my kids and niece at the beach during the holidays and matted that as well.

Using the stamp brush sets "A Split Second", "Bright Reviews", and"Day in a Life", I added in the polaroid inspired frame, dates, and of course the large smile.

The basic parts of the page are so simple but putting them all together really makes me fall in love with it. I think so many different pictures would work on this page and it makes you smile with the rays of color and happy kids!!!

Thanks, 
Becky

2 comments: