Amazon

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

# sew

My February Sewing Project-No Sew


I made a resolution to sew and create AT least one project a month this year. It was more about using the tons and tons of fabric I have on hand - I have fat quarters coming out of my ears. 

I was looking at my stash and saw all of this cute fabric I had on hand and thought I should make shirts for Valentine's Day using the fabric and my framelits I have on  hand. 

So I went to work and created a shirt for myself and the two kids.

I bought three shirts from Hobby Lobby. The kids were like 2.49 a piece and mine was about 4 bucks so here it is shirts for 9 bucks. 


I took some discontinued SU fabric on hand that I picked up from the clearance rack when it was dirt cheap and than cut out a heart using the heart framelits as well as some fusible web to back and iron on the shirt. 

The boy's shirt is a neck tie in fabric ironed on. He told me he doesn't like it but I told him he only has to wear it one day!

The girls is the same heart as mine but in a different fabric.


I loved how they turned out. I made three shirts for under ten bucks with most things I had on hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment