Amazon

Thursday, March 8, 2012

# recipes

Radish o Radish what will I do!

In the veggie/fruit co-op this past week I got a bag of radishes. I have no idea what to do with them because I don't eat them. I have always found them to be not something I liked. I remember my grandfather eating them raw and my husband said the same of his grandparents.

I have been doing research to see what I could do with them. The leading though was to put them in some sort of salad or slaw. I found toe of recipes that basically told me to chop them up,  and insert them into the salad. Okay that sounds simple enough but I really wanted to more with it. I did see a radish tart that was made but that seemed to involved.

So I decided to make them this way using the Martha Stewart  method of roasting them. I am curious to see how they will turn out. The picture makes them actually look good. So we will see how they are when I get around to it. The other idea was to make chips with them too but I think I will roast them.

So I will let you know how the radishes end up when I do make them and hopefully the memory of them being not so good will wash away. I fully admit they are a veggie I shy away from and really never thing of them as a viable option for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment