Amazon

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

New Year New Ideas

One of my goals for 2017 is to be better organized (even more so than I am) and to get the kids detoxed from electronics. If I was betting woman, the organization is going to be way more successful.

I prepped the kids for the last few days about the plan to limit tv/electronics. I told them they need to be more active and think. I was surprised at Lumpy's response when he asked if he could use his 30 minutes per day (that is what they get to start with) and play Pokemon Go. I told him that is a waste so he was okay with that. 

So I made a chart to help them track it each day. They are given 30 minutes to start and they can either take a stick with a chore or activity to earn additional time for the day or to bank it for another day say like when their favorite show is on. I need them to stop being zombies and enjoy their surroundings. I know we are all guilty of just vegging out but I want the kids to really be in a state where they have exhausted energy so they sleep better and of course do better in school. 

Here is the chart I created (feel free to use it for personal use). 



I just made up jobs which they can either get money or tv time for. It is their choice. I figure they are more in control if they get to choose what they want. I know my daughter is more about money so she will likely pick the allowance part where the boy will pick tv time over money anytime. 

Truthfully I am not a huge TV watcher and it rarely goes on during the day when I am home, I am usually listening to music as I take care of the things I need to take care of. 

The other thing I wanted to work on and get the kids in better habits of is the stuff around the house. I tend to do to much one day and than ache the next day. Like today, my back is sore because I literally spent all day yesterday cleaning and organizing the house after the house guests left. 

So I knew I needed to do something different and make myself accountable for things that need to get done and not push them off. By spreading things out, it doesn't seem so huge project. Plus I can take steps to do things. I figure this is easy and makes the kids accountable as well. 

So this is the chart I made for my fridge for all the things that need to get done around the house and the days I should focus on them. 



I am also working some with the hubby's business with the general admin stuff, so this will help to clear my time and focus on that when needed. 

I spent the batter part of yesterday and today getting myself in a place where I can sort of be on autopilot now to get what needs to get done. I have lists of things I need to do and when I need to do them so that everything can hopefully run smoother for us in 2017.

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment