Amazon

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

# Card Challenge Blogs # Technique Twist

The Technique Twist- Faux Tiling #13





There are two great tutorials for Faux tiling which can be found here:

Splitcoast

The Write Stuff

Both are great resources in creating Faux tile and I have made plenty of cards using these techniques. On Technique Twist, the catch is to try something different and have a twist on it. So I thought that the Stampin Up Honeycomb Textured Embossing folder  actually seemed like tile and the more I thought about it as like a version of fun subway tile.

So I embossed some Very Vanilla paper and wrapped the card with some linen ribbon. I than stamped on the Little Sailboats from Greetings From Set from SU! in Midnight Muse. I than took the Sending Love stamp from the same set and stamped that in Real Red and punched it out using the 7/8 scallop punch.

So my twist on it is using the embossing folder as tiles. I felt the honeycomb lent it self well to the idea of tile. To be honest though not sure if I love the card but love the idea of it.

Supplies used (all Stampin Up!):

Honeycomb Embossing Folder
Very Vanilla Card Stock
Pool Party Card Stock
Linen Ribbon
Greetings From Set
Real Red and Midnight Muse Ink

Looking forward to becoming part of the Technique Twist Design team in 2014. My first project will published on January 4 for the Design Team!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the honeycomb idea..smart twisting of the technique! Welcome aboard and I look forward to seeing your new ideas in Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the embossing folder Becky! The honeycomb really does lend an air of Faux Tiling! Thanks for joining us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great twist! Can't wait to see what you come up with as part of our Design Team! Welcome aboard!!

    ReplyDelete