Wednesday, May 2, 2012

# sew # Wednesday

New Tabletop Quilt- Dresden Pattern

I hinted at this last week and well it started out with an idea to make a pillow and well once I got it all done and the border around it, I thought this is way to big to be a pillow so instead I made it a tabletop quilt.

I used Stampin Up's Dresden Die, specifically the smaller one of the two on the die. I cut them out using the new Summer Smooches fabric and alternated  the white based and red base around the circle of the white muslim I used as my base. When I got it all laid out, I than pinned and did a decorative stitch around the petals and the center. I than trimmed the piece up and added on the blue borders.

I really did want a pillow but it was going to be a huge one, so I decided at that point to make it a tabletop quilt. I added some backing and batting and quilted around the outsides of the piece and around the center. It is very little actual quilting. I than alternated the binding between the two fabrics. Overall I used less than each of the fat quarters in the pack. I had used a small amount before to make my camera strap.

I really liked how it turned out. It is nice when a project turns out better than you expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment