Amazon

Thursday, October 3, 2013

# recipes

Chicken Tortilla Casserole My Version





I was looking around Pinterest for some new recipes to try and this idea of a chicken tortilla casserole popped up. I looked over the inspiration recipe and though I could do my take on it, so knowing I had everything in my pantry or fridge, I set to work creating this casserole.


Ingredients

1 diced tomato
1/3 jar of roasted red peppers diced up
1 can of cream of mushroom
1 can of cheese soup
1 can (8oz) of tomato sauce
1 can of drained black beans
1 packet of enchilada seasoning
1 prepackaged (12 oz) of shredded chicken
1 can of mushrooms
2 cups of shredded cheese (I used Colby jack)
1 cup of frozen corn


I took all of that (reserve cheese for top) and mixed it a big bowl, sprayed a casserole dish, spread it the dish, and topped it with the two cups of cheese. I baked it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes and let it sit for 5 minutes.


It was a huge hit at the house. I had only about a third of the casserole left when we were done. My only compliant was from the oldest who said it was a tad spicy but she also thinks water is spicy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment