Amazon

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

# clean

The Essential Guide to a (mostly) Clean Home




Cleaning gives me a Zen feeling. When I complete the house and look around, I have peace inside which lasts about 2 seconds until one of my kids runs through to make a mess. 

I admit, I clean early in the morning usually before they are up in the summer and after they leave for school the rest of the year. This gives me some time to have it look nice. The nice clean smell, the shine of the appliances and swept floors are HEAVEN.

I also know that I can't be crazy and decided that a a schedule was needed to keep the house clean and myself sane. 

So, I started off breaking down areas of my house and working on those each day. Something different every day and I makes the house feel clean through out the week. 

I also make sure that the kitchen is clean before bed (dishwasher loaded, counters wiped and sweep up). Beds are also made every day to. 

It feels good to wake up in the morning and not have a sink full of dishes though on occasion it doesn't happen. 

I also work at doing one to two loads of laundry per day and always run the dishwasher daily. 
Both of these help wth keeping the house pretty clean though putting dishes and laundry away really is a chore that I MAJORLY dislike but it does feel good when it is done.

So I created a fun checklist to help myself out to clean the house wth daily and weekly chores. 


I just printed it up and hang it on my fridge. I also laminated it so if I want to just check it off with a dry easer marker. The kids also have jobs and will help me with the daily stuff that needs to get done as well. 

I pretty much know the list by heart and adjust as needed. It helps to have order and it makes me feel so good when everything is in order. 

Hopefully this will inspire you to create some kinda of schedule and you can maybe find your cleaning zen. 

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment