Amazon

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

# Freezer Stretch Challenge

Freezer Stretch - Day 9

I know that I have missed the last few days okay like five days but I have a good reason- we were out of town at a wedding. It was such a nice wedding. The bride was beautiful and the reception as held at the same location as mine was ten years prior (the bride was my maid of honor).

Here is a picture of my dear friend Lisa (hope she doesn't mind making the blog) and me all done up for the special day!


So we left on a Thursday morning (hence the total fail on the night before where I ordered pizza) so I figured I needed to redeem myself today when we got home from our trip. So after about 7 hours of travel with two planes, a long lay over, and a cranky two year old, we made it back home at a decent hour. I honestly was sick of eating out or grazing while we were in Wisconsin. So I thought what could I make that was hearty and fast using what I had.

So I made tuna noodle casserole and it was so good. When your kid tells you it is one of the best things you made, it has to be a winner.

I took about three cups of dry egg noodles and boiled them according to directions. I have started buying these more in bulk because of all the things you can do with them.

Once the noodles were done, I took a pack of tuna fish which was a freebie item when I bought other stuff at the grocery store a few weeks back. I took the tuna, one can of cream of celery, one can of cream of mushroom, about a 1/2 cup of milk and about a cup of frozen peas (oh my the things I found in the freezer when looking for these).

I mixed it all together and baked it for thirty minutes at 350 to get that crispy crust which I love when the noodles get crispy on top.

I just served it up and well there was not much left when we were done which is a good sign that it was a good meal. Tomorrow I actually had the foresight to pull out 2lbs of ground beef that was in there to make my crock pot meatloaf. Once my daughter realizes I made it, I will be a rock star because it is her favorite thing in the whole world (glad the kid likes to eat!).

I have to say we had some good food while away. My dad and brother made us a homemade fish fry which was heaven.  Plus my brother made a good chili and I did a five minute taco salad (see the post later this week) for the Packer game- the food was better than the game was!

No comments:

Post a Comment